At the beginning of August 1943, Patton ordered some landings to speed up the US advance along the Sicily coast. The first landing was in Sant' Agata on the 08th of August to outflank the German line San Fratello. The second landing occurred on the 11th of August at Brolo Beach to outflank the last enemy defense line near the village of Niso. Task Force Bernard landed in the night in front of Brolo village and captured Monte Cipolla. But in the morning the US Task Force was quickly surrounded by German troops of the 29.PanzerGrenadier Division which began their retreat to Messina. A fierce battle occurred around Monte Cipolla with several Air strikes from the US Air Force as well as Luftwaffe. On the 12th of August, when units of 3rd US Infantry Division advanced to deliver the remnants of Task Force Bernard, the German units had disappeared, withdrawn to Messina in order to evacuate (successfully) Sicily.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United States] : 5 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
Monte Cipolla and Naso are each a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
For the Axis player, use the "Exit" token rules to the two hex with an Exit token.
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troops 2) to all Axis infantry units. Badges are not required.
- Use "Air Strikes" rules (Actions 3) to the two players.
- Use "Night Attacks" rules (Actions 19).
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°36 - Objectif Messine.
- "La Sicile, débarquement surprise" - Martin Blumenson - Ed. Marabout.
- Decima Flottiglia Mas - Storie e battaglie delle FFAA italiane.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.