Based on the phenomenally successful Small World fantasy board game with over 500,000 copies sold! Take control of insanely fun fantasy race & special power combos, such as Berserk Halflings, Triton Merchants, Alchemist Ratmen and Dragon-master Amazons, to grab all the land you can in a world that is just too small to share with your opponents!
Back in 2010, Small World was the first digital board game to ship on a tablet, the same day the iPad shipped! Now we've introduced the all new Small World 2, a from-the-ground-up rewrite and massive update to our best-selling board game.
“Major kudos to the 7,042 Kickstarter backers who helped us make Small World come to life!”
What awaits you in Small World:
- 2 to 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious high resolution!
- Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
- Playing with friends online is easy with extensive Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
- Solo Play against up to 4 built-in AI
- Pass'n Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single device
- 14 original Small World Races and 20 Special Powers
- 20 new races & special powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and Be Not Afraid... expansions
- Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
- A Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
- Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
- Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself
- Full-featured Lobby (called "Online Arena") with real-time chat, list of connected players, game creation and list of open games to join.
- Two types of games: "Single Session" games and "Multi Session" games.
- The single session game is real-time gaming ala Ticket to Ride, with AI taking over if a player quits the game.
- Multi session games are the asynchronous gaming that already existed, but with the new system described below.
- Tournament-Style Multi-player "Player Clock". This is the real new feature of SW 2.5. The player creating a game decides in advance how much time will be allocated to each player for the entire game. It works much like a Multiplayer Chess Clock, with the difference that if a player runs out of time, a AI takes over for that player until game end. The player that runs out of time loses no matter what (i.e. even if the Bot that steps in her shoes to complete the game wins the game), but the other players can finish the game to completion and see how they fared against each other.
- A Player Clock will govern both style of plays, albeit with different preset durations.
- Player Clock duration is adjustable to the minute, with a number of preset durations available for tournament play as well as more leisurely games.
- Additional improvements in the online gaming area.
- ranking, private games, karma filtering, starting player selection when creating a game,
- persistent in-game chat,
- chat at the final score screen, with possibility to add the other players as Buddies right away,
- an improved invitation system for "games with friends".
- A detailed statistics screen at the end of each game to analyze how each player performed with the various race/power combinations.