There are problems with this scenario: it cannot be set-up using the standard terrain tiles of Memoir '44 and the selected extensions. There are too many terrains of one or more types. Please contact the author.
The German strong point Wn28 had been built in place of a villa called "la Cassine" on the beach side of Bernières-sur-mer. On the 06th of June 1944 at 08h05, the B Company of Queen's Own Rifles of Canada landed on Nan White in front of the four bunkers of Wn28. These bunkers with soldiers of the 716. Infanterie Division were armed with an old machine-gun 08/15, a 5 cm Kwk gun, a mortar of 8 cm and a turret of FT17 tank with a machine-gun. DD tanks had not yet reached the beach and AVRE tanks were too far to support the Canadian infantrymen. The B Company lost one third of its strength (65 soldiers and officers) in its progress right to "la Cassine" before to be sheltered by the sea wall lining the beach. Then, with the support of an anti-aircraft ship, the Queen's attacked the bunkers with grenades. At 09h30 in the morning, the German strong point was in the hands of the survivors of B Company.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Allied player [Canada] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
The bunker H 604 is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5).
- Use "Destroyer" rules (Troops 12) to the anti-aircraft ship and "Heavy Anti-Tank Guns" rules (Troops 23) to the 5 cm Kwk gun.
- Use "Special Weapon Assets>1942" rules (SWAs 4) for units equipped with Mortar (SWAs 6) and Machine-guns (SWAs 7).
- Use "Sea wall" rules (Terrains 12) to the sea wall lining the beach.
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Magazines Historica hors-série n°74 et 75.
Remember, see at Bernières the four bunkers on the sea wall.