After the defeat of El Alamein, Rommel withdrew as quick as possible to the west the remains of his army to avoid a confrontation with a British eighth Army superior in numbers. However, he ordered to form a temporary defensive line in the area Marsa El Brega - El Agheila to rest his troops and reorganize them. On the 14th of December 1942, more than 80 British tanks of the famous 7th Armored Division "Desert Rats" attacked the Italian "Ariete" battle group on the south-west of El Agheila. Italian troops put up a fierce and brave resistance during 10 hours, then in the evening a tank counter-attack made by the "Centauro" Italian Armored Division drove back the Brits who lost 2 armored cars and 22 tanks on the battlefield.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Italy] : 6 command cards.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 4 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory:
- Use "BCF Command" rules (Nations 5).
- Use "Royal Italian Army" rules (Nations 6).
- Use "North African Desert" rules (Action 9).
- The Axis player lays out the minefields (Terrain 29).
- Militaria Magazine hors-série n°25 - Kasserine.
- Album Historique 21.Panzer Division - Ed. Heimdal.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.