September 1941 - Krasnoïe Selo area.
During operation "Barbarossa", 41.Armee Korps (mot.) of the Army Group "North" was stopped by the Leningrad 1st defensive line on the heights of Duderhof. Hill 143 and hill 167 were fortified with trenches, bunkers, nests of machine guns and protected by an antitank ditch. On the 10th of September 1941, 36.Infanterie Division (mot) and 1.Panzer Division attacked the Russian defenses. Soviet army riposted by artillery fire and by counter-attacks made with KV-1 tanks just leaving the KIROV tank factory. In the evening, hill 143 was in German hands. On the 11th of September, the Germans seized Duderhof village, then hill 167. A German tank commander said in his radio set : "I see Saint-Petersbourg and the sea". The panzers were within 12 kilometers from Leningrad.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Axis player [Germany] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Allied player [Russia] : 4 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
6 medals for the Allied player.
7 medals for the Axis player. The 2 hex with a medal token are each a temporary medal objective for the Axis player.
- Use "Red Army" rules" (Nation 2).
- Use "Blitz" rules (Action 15).
- Use "Combat Engineer" rules for the 3 units with "Pioneere" badges (Troop 4).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules for the 4 infantry units with "Elite" badges (Troup 2).
- LThe antitank obstacles represent the antitank ditch. It is passable only by infantry, an engineer unit can open the way as the same procedure than demining. The protection given by the ditch is the same than antitank obstacles.
- Military Magazine hors-série n°30 - La bataille de Léningrad.
- Magazine Historica n°65 - Léningrad, ville assiégée.
- "Opération Barbarossa" - Paul Carell.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.