July 1944, in the British bridgehead east of river Orne, general Bullen-Smith, commander of 51st Highland Division, was ordered to take the village of Colombelles. Early in the morning of 11th of July, the 153rd Infantry Brigade, with the support of tanks of the 33rd Armoured Brigade, attacked the village defended by Luftwaffe soldiers of Luftwaffen-Jäger Regiment 32. German command reacted quickly by a counter-attack of the 21.Panzer Division and 13 heavy tanks Tiger of the sPz Abt 503. Fired at long range by the Tigers, 12 British Shermans were destroyed one by one while the Scottish infantry suffered of the strong artillery fire of the Werfer Regiment 54. The British attack was a setback and the 153rd Brigade withdrew to its depart line.
The stage is set, the battles lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Allied player [United Kingdom] : 6 command cards, you move first.
Axis player [Germany] : 5 command cards.
Conditions of Victory:
The factory hexagon with a medal token is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
- Use "BCF command" rules (Nation 5).
- Use "Specialized Units" rules (Troop 2) to the three Axis infantry units with badge.
- Use "Tiger" rules (Troop 16) to the two tank units with a single figure.
- The Orne river is impassable (Terrain 8).
- Magazine Batailles & Blindés n° 40 - Article "Voir le bocage et mourir".
- Carte IGN 1:50 000 n°1612 - Caen.
Please note that this scenario was not approved by Richard Borg or Days of Wonder, so you have to check yourself about playability, potential gaming issues, etc.